Gluten-free eating can be challenging, especially in the beginning. Whether you're just learning to eat gluten-free, or trying to cook for a gluten-intolerant friend or family member, food blogs can be some of your best friends. The gluten-free online community is so rich and encouraging! Here are ten food blogs that we have enjoyed and learned from. Take a peek and add your favorites, too!
It's hard to pick just ten; there are so many wonderful gluten-free food blogs out there! But these are the ones we've read at various times and return to.
• 1 Gluten-Free Goddess - Karina takes really lovely photos of her gluten-free treats, and when we're looking for a gluten-free recipe, this is where we start.
• 2 Gluten-Free Girl - We love Shauna! In fact, we just posted a tour of her home kitchen — take a look!
• 3 Elana's Pantry - Elana has written two books now on gluten-free baking, and her recipes always look fabulous!!
• 4 Gluten Free Mommy - Natalie blogs healthy, family-friendly food with a gluten-free emphasis.
• 5 A Gluten-Free Day - Emilia lives in Finland and posts recipes with photos that always make us want to cook and bake. Gluten-free or not, this is a must-read blog.
• 6 Celiac Chicks - The Celiac Chicks have an upbeat attitude about eating gluten-free, and they focus primarily on product reviews and travel and restaurant reviews, with some recipes.
• 7 No Gluten, No Problem - I really appreciate Kelli and Peter's writing. The post linked above, a nutritional examination of a lot of different gluten-free flours, is a great example of their thorough and lucid writing.
• 8 Book of Yum - Kid-friendly, family-friendly, and yummy, Sea's recipes are always appealing.
• 9 Hey, that tastes good! - Jill's writing is fresh and fun, and her recipes (like that mocha cake above!!) always look awesome.
• 10 Delightfully Gluten Free - One more blog that focuses quite a bit on products, with lots of giveaways.
One other good resource is Elise's roundup of gluten-free blogs:
• Food Blog Spotlight - Gluten-free at Simply Recipes
What are your favorite gluten-free blogs?