In today's food news, via our friends at Food News Journal: Did you know your stomach has 500 million nerve cells, as many as there are in a cat's brain? Plus, a tale of two seed farmers, DIY mushrooms, and an explanation of why rivers make wine better.
Read on for more news of the day via Food News Journal.
• Your Stomach Really Does Have a Mind of Its Own - Wall Street Journal
• Parental Behavior Could Help Obese Kids Lose Weight - Business Week
• Report: World needs food-system overhaul - Boston Globe
• 10 Hottest Men in the Food Industry 2011 - Slashfood
• A Tale of Two Seed Farmers: Organic vs. Engineered - NPR
• Deadly Delicacies: 5 Foods to Die For - WFMZ
• The Science Project You Can Eat: DIY Mushrooms - Wall Street Journal
• Why rivers make wine better - Chicago Tribune
• Girl Scout cookies have confusing labels on trans fats - Chicago Tribune
• FDA, Dairy Industry Spar Over Milk Testing - New York Times
(Image: Food News Journal)