In today's food news, via our friends at Food News Journal: High fructose corn syrup is left out of new food products. Plus, a hunt for gourmet "big-butt ants," and demand for corn falls.
Read on for more news of the day via Food News Journal.
• Casual cooks take the plunge into "sous-vide" - Denver Post
• One third of world's food is wasted, says UN study - BBC
• In northern Colombia, a hunt for gourmet big-butt ants - Global Post
• Selfridges removes 70 endangered fish varieties - BBC
• Demand for corn falls, could slow food inflation - AP
• BU researchers add sugar to infection-fighting recipe - Boston Herald
• One in 50 new products now claims 'No HFCS' - Food Navigator
• Girl Scouts Censor Criticism of Cookies' Ties to Big Food - Huff Post
• Weighing In on Kitchen Scales - Slate
• Tandoor Oven Brings India's Heat to Backyard - New York Times
(Image: Food News Journal)