In today's food news, via our friends at Food News Journal: Vegans may need extra vitamins to ward off increased risk of heart disease. Plus, Coca Cola says its recipe is still safely unknown, despite This American Life's attempt to say otherwise, and a freeze in Mexico means less veggies for the United States.
Read on for more news of the day via Food News Journal.
• Vegans May Have Increased Rate of Heart Disease - Science Daily
• Mexico Freeze Causes U.S. Veggie Shortage - TIME
• Budding Calif. Cheese Industry Gets Grilled By FDA - NPR
• World Bank: Food Prices at 'Dangerous Levels' - ABC News
• PCRM sues federal agencies over dietary guidelines - Washington Post
• Cooking for One: Together, independently - Washington Post
• 13 Things You Could've Learned at Culinary School - Esquire
• How hard is it to reduce your salt? - Washington Post
• Study: Alcohol disrupts women's sleep - ABC-7
• Coca-Cola says secret of its recipe still intact - Reuters
(Image: Food News Journal)